Happy New Year 2008 to you all

Hi all dear friends. Happy New Year 2008. Another new year again. And another year. I don't know what is awaiting us in 2008, but I am hoping for the best for all. Well, anyway, 2007 indeed was a pretty exciting year for all of us.

Yesterday, I was greeting 2008 in Nakhonpathom, that is a province 56 Km from Bangkok. Quite a large town. I was staying in my wife's house for the New Year night. I didn't go out, just stayed at home, as I was not so keen to go out at night, especially around New Year as people are more or less drunk.

Although I was staying at home, the surrounding was quite noisy. There were fireworks all around the town, and many fire crackers. As the midnight drew near, there were more and more fireworks and fire crackers. There were even many gun shots too. Not firing at each other, just fired into the air. People in Thailand can have guns if they have a license, so some people when they get drunk fired into the air. It was really noisy. Our dog Pink was really scared and wanted to stayed close to me the whole night. She wanted to sleep with us in our room, and tried to get into the room. So we had to let her in and made her calm down until all the noise died down. Well, personally I don't like a noisy New Year although I don't want to tell other people how to behave. For me, I greeted 2008 at home.

Anyway, Happy New Year 2008 to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another interesting Myanmar personal blog - Myo Kyaw Htun

How to insert images and pictures in Gmail