Farewell to Canon A-75

I bought my first digital camera in August 2004 while I was in Thailand. It was Canon A-75, a 3 mega pixel camera. It cost around 12,000 baht at that time, which is quite expensive for today’s standard, but quite inexpensive at that time. (Digital cameras three years ago were still not cheap). Since then, it has been with me everywhere I travelled, taking thousands of photos of all those memorable moments. It was small but produced great pictures. (I mean good quality photos). It always felt ease in my hand with all the controls at comfortable places. Moreover, it used four AA size batteries so I could buy spare batteries anywhere if I ran out of power, which was a great comfort in a country like Myanmar where there is no regular electricity.

It stayed with me for more than two years. However, since a few months ago, I started experiencing some problems with the camera. The LCD screen failed to turn on sometimes. When I asked a repair shop at Panthip Plaza, they said the CCD was malfunctioning, and they cannot do anything. Finally I have no option but to retire it entirely.

My Canon A-75 was officially retired in April 2007, after more than two years of faithful service. Well, I couldn’t live without a camera so I bought a new one, this time an Olympus with 7.1 mega pixel, and 10X zoom. And ironically, it is cheaper than my old canon! Well, time changes, and technologies change. New products are always better and cheaper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another interesting Myanmar personal blog - Myo Kyaw Htun

How to insert images and pictures in Gmail