Announcement - Bamarlay's Diary

I am moving my blog to Myanmar Man's Diary.It has already passed the beta testing stage and now up and running. Please visit my new blog. For Myatthura.Blogspot.com, I will be updating it with the excerpt from my new posts in Myanmar Man's Diary. Another blog I was invited to contribute to is Today in Myanmar, a website about Myanmar culture, custom, information, travel advice, life and anything about Myanmar. You can also visit the new blog. So far, I am the only one who regularly contribute to this blog while other friends are still writing their articles. Thank you for your support.

Search My Blog

Friday, July 06, 2007

Burmese Cricket


Looks like this is the Burmese version of English cricket. These are the children in Chin Hills playing a ball game which resembles cricket. (I am not sure as I don’t know how to play cricket). The ball is actually a roll of old cloths tied together with a string. I don’t know where they got the idea for this game. I’ve never seen any child in Yangon play such a game, and as a child, I have never played a game like this when I was young. Anyway, it is so cute to see these poor kids playing a ball game with home made materials like this.

1 comment:

Preetam Rai said...

Hi,,, it seems like a game played in India..called seven stones... kids take turn trying to break the structure. If it was cricket then you would have a batsman in front of the structure trying to hit the ball.

Nice of you to post these videos. Miss Myanmar now.

 

This template downloaded from webtalks.blogspot.com