Burmese Cricket


Looks like this is the Burmese version of English cricket. These are the children in Chin Hills playing a ball game which resembles cricket. (I am not sure as I don’t know how to play cricket). The ball is actually a roll of old cloths tied together with a string. I don’t know where they got the idea for this game. I’ve never seen any child in Yangon play such a game, and as a child, I have never played a game like this when I was young. Anyway, it is so cute to see these poor kids playing a ball game with home made materials like this.

Comments

ray said…
Hi,,, it seems like a game played in India..called seven stones... kids take turn trying to break the structure. If it was cricket then you would have a batsman in front of the structure trying to hit the ball.

Nice of you to post these videos. Miss Myanmar now.

Popular posts from this blog

Another interesting Myanmar personal blog - Myo Kyaw Htun

How to insert images and pictures in Gmail