Announcement - Bamarlay's Diary

I am moving my blog to Myanmar Man's Diary.It has already passed the beta testing stage and now up and running. Please visit my new blog. For Myatthura.Blogspot.com, I will be updating it with the excerpt from my new posts in Myanmar Man's Diary. Another blog I was invited to contribute to is Today in Myanmar, a website about Myanmar culture, custom, information, travel advice, life and anything about Myanmar. You can also visit the new blog. So far, I am the only one who regularly contribute to this blog while other friends are still writing their articles. Thank you for your support.

Search My Blog

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Burmese Climbing Rhyme

The history of Burmese poetry is long and interesting. Classical Burmese poetry comes in many lengths and forms, but most of it is characterized by a repeated sequence of 3 internally-rhymed lines consisting of 4 syllables each–a pattern that has become known as Climbing Rhyme.

Read the full article by Smitha Chakravarthula explaining about Burmese climbing rhyme at this site.

Read another article on Burmese climbing rhyme at Climbing Rhyme.

Search in Blogger about other blogs on Burmese Climbing Rhyme or search google for Burmese climbing rhymes.

No comments:

 

This template downloaded from webtalks.blogspot.com