Back from Lion City

Life underground
Just coming back from the Lion City, that is, Singapore. I went there for my sister's graduation. Talking about Singapore, everything is expensive. It was more expensive than the last time I went there three years ago. Food is really expensive and the taste is horrible, in most food courts, except in China Town. Taxi fares are extremely expensive, with so many surcharges for rush hour, downtown fare, etc. Just a few kilometers trip from downtown cost me S$20. Believe me, if it were in Bangkok, it won't cost more than S$5! I was shocked. And the fare that is displayed all the time on the taxi meter is not the tatal cost. You have to add all those surcharges to get to the total cost.
Life underground
However, the public transport is excellent. You can go whereever you want using the public transport. There is no confusion about it. And all the direction signs are well laid out. Taxi drivers are also nice. And the roads are clean and the the cars strictly follow the traffic rules. To my amazement, the prices of many cosmetics are cheaper in Singapore than in Bangkok. But clothes are more expensive.
Dolphins
We went to Sentosa while in Singapore. Everything is expensive. Underwater world is a nice place to visit, and the dolphin lagoon is also nice. However, the dolphin show was not as good as the first time 3 years ago. And the famous magic fountain is not free anymore. Worse, the show is not as good as the previous one. Too bad.

Comments

Brijesh Nair said…
I am Brijesh and I blog at http://sonyvellayani.blogspot.com/
Recently I wrote 2 articles on Myanmar with some photos taken from there. Please forward it to your friends and also let me know your comments on it.
http://sonyvellayani.blogspot.com/2008/08/religion-in-myanmar-through-photos.html
http://sonyvellayani.blogspot.com/2008/07/transportation-in-myanmar-through.html

Brijesh
Anonymous said…
Hello,

Great job with blogging!

I hope all is going well with your family back home in Burma now. By the way, congrats for being featured on the BBC News website here!

I would like to invite you to join the Myanmar Wikipedia community. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Best,

Aung Kyaw

Popular posts from this blog

Another interesting Myanmar personal blog - Myo Kyaw Htun

How to insert images and pictures in Gmail

Burglish