Announcement - Bamarlay's Diary

I am moving my blog to Myanmar Man's Diary.It has already passed the beta testing stage and now up and running. Please visit my new blog. For Myatthura.Blogspot.com, I will be updating it with the excerpt from my new posts in Myanmar Man's Diary. Another blog I was invited to contribute to is Today in Myanmar, a website about Myanmar culture, custom, information, travel advice, life and anything about Myanmar. You can also visit the new blog. So far, I am the only one who regularly contribute to this blog while other friends are still writing their articles. Thank you for your support.

Search My Blog

Monday, April 07, 2008

Orbituary - Ludu Daw Amar Died at the age of 93


Ludu Daw Amar, a famous and beloved author from Mandalay, and wife of late Ludu U Hla, died at the age of 93 at Mandalay General Hospital this morning. She was born on 29 November 1915 in Mandalay from U Htin and Daw Su. She studied in Mandalay ABM and National School, and later studied in Mandalay College and Rangoon University. She established herself as a writer by translating Trials in Burma by Maurice Collis. She later married to Ludu U Hla and publish Ludu Newspaper. Her husband Ludu U Hla passed away in 1982. She has five children.

It is perhaps one of the biggest loss for the literature circle of Myanmar in recent years.

No comments:

 

This template downloaded from webtalks.blogspot.com